Raised in the rural Sandy River valley of Farmington, Maine, Taylor showed musical promise at a young age. By the time of his 11th birthday, he had taught himself to play guitar, followed soon after by drums, piano, bass, mandolin, and ukulele. At 13, he led his first band.
Rooted in the straightforward honesty of country music and the passion-driven soul of rock and roll, set against the subtle nuances of R&B, and melded by a clear lyrical voice, Taylor’s style is equal parts romantic poet and soulful rebel.
His first single, “Dream Alone,” spurred Cashbox Magazine’s Christopher Llewellyn Adams to note, “If you could blend the vocal range of Radiohead’s Thom Yorke and the pop appeal of a young Usher, you’d have a good scope of what’s brewing with Daniel Taylor and his self-titled debut album. A young guitar prodigy on par with John Mayer, Taylor has both the production team and the musical acumen to rewrite the charts.”
All this success at such a young age is not a surprising turn for an artist who:
• Won Junior Vocal Group of the Year from Maine Country Music Association at 13
• Swept all four episodes in the Emmy Award-winning Community Auditions competition
• Shared the stage with Merle Haggard, backed by his band The Strangers, at Penn’s Peak in Pennsylvania
• Headlined on the Get Your Rock On Festival in Dover, New Hampshire
• Demoed songs for a production subsidiary of Bad Boy Entertainment/Interscope Records
• Established partnership deal with Taylor Guitar Co.
• Debuted on Billboard’s Heatseeker Chart at #1 for the entire Northeast with “After the Fall”
• Also debuted on Amazon ‘s Top 200 Albums chart, peaking at #18 out of 176,435 releases for his debut EP
Taylor’s latest release, “After the Fall,” which was self-penned, played and produced, earned him a spot on the iTunes Singer/Songwriter chart for Top Albums at #6, surpassing the likes of James Taylor, Ed Sheeran, and Simon & Garfunkel to name a few. This feat alone has only been accomplished by a select few independent artists.
Taylor and his band’s 2017 Spring Tour has kicked off to great turnouts and rave reviews alike, hitting some of the finest venues in the entire Northeast within the few short months of Spring.
Daniel is excited about what the future holds for his music and being able to share that music with the world. “It’s the music for me and reaching people with it. That’s always been the dream.”